Lafayette, IN : This is one of my favorite sessions I have ever done. What a great family. These girls are so full of photo posing ideas and love to be in front of the camera. It really makes my job so fun. It’s been a while since I have done a shoot at Purdue and of course we picked the weekend when there was a 5k going on right through the fountains.
1. I have been busy photographing lots of wonderful people and can’t wait to share more of their sessions on the blog. I want this beautiful fall to last forever and the stunning colors on the trees never to leave us. Wasn’t it just winter like yesterday?
2. Currently researching the switch from Canon to Nikon. Knowing it will be a good thing and the right move for us but still hard to leave what is most comfortable.
3. Still loving Parenthood and sad this is the last season. Also currently loving the new show – How to Get Away with Murder. It’s consuming to watch though so hard to do two things at once and not feel like I am missing small details that could leave me confused. I like to do two things at once when I watch shows usually.
4. Getting excited to start working on another quilt really soon. I just need to get caught up on editing, and laundry first.
5. Soccer season is slowing down which means house improvement season is getting back on track. Looking forward to more time together and more changes happening around here. Hoping to have another room finished before Thanksgiving.
Brown County was alive with fall colors this past weekend. I am so glad we made a trip down, even though it was super busy, these pictures just don’t do the park justice. I don’t know if I am just paying more attention to it this year, but I have never experienced a fall quite as colorful and beautiful as this year.
If you are curious photography wise which lens I used on the close up leaf photos, I used my 50mm 1.4 lens. I was shoot with an F-stop of 2-3.5 in order to achieve the blurred background look and highlight specific leaves.
These sweet kids were troopers on the coldest and windiest of all fall days. Spencer is the happiest 6 month old you ever did see. His big sister Emery is an explorer and a wonderful big sister to her little brother. Even despite the cold temps, we had a great session!
I saw the idea for a fall garland on pinterest and fell in love with it. I used her pattern to create the Happy Fall garland from old book pages. I purchased felt balls on ebay and used needle and bakers twine to string them together to make the garland. The whole thing was very quick, easy, and inexpensive. A perfect addition to our entry way.